I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving filled with friends, family and great food. Now is the time of year where it is easy to be overwhelmed with a plethora of options for gifts and packed stores to get ready for the holiday gift-giving season. So avoid the crowds and the stress by using this handy guide for all the little ones on your list. Here are some of my favorite gifts this season for the younger crowd no matter what your budget is:
$10 and under:
- This set of B. Funkeys Lights & Sounds Toy Keys for Kids. It’s hard to think of a more popular item with
babies than keys and remotes. Protect your real set and gift this toy version complete with four fun car sounds.
- Growing teeth can be a really big deal for little ones. I cannot explain why, but this banana teether was always one of my daughter’s favorites, and I highly recommend as a gift for those little ones (well really for their parents too) with those painful pearly whites coming in. These fruit shaped teethers also served us well and come in larger packs if you are willing to spend a few bucks more.
- This soft Counting Animals book from Lamaze is adorable and a perfect pick to introduce young minds to numbers, animals and bright colors.
- Another top pick from Lamaze is Freddy the Firefly; this toy has the crinkly texture that little ones love and has a clip for bringing entertainment on the go. This was one of Parker’s favorites when she was younger.
- Simple, but a classic for a reason, these nesting/stacking cups make a great gift that can be quite long-lasting. Kids love stacking them up and knocking them over, banging them together, and nesting them.
- If you are looking for an inexpensive option, you can never go wrong with a classic board book that stands up well to little hands and mouths like Dear Zoo. I love this one because almost all kids seem to love animals and this book provides lift-the-flap interaction.
$25 and under:
- This toy may look a bit goofy, but this SmartNoggin NogginStick was hands-down her favorite toy when she was little (we always called it Noggin Head). It lights up, changes colors when you tap it (or in her case, bang it on something); it also has a mirror in the bottom and rattles as well. Seriously if a baby in your life does not have one now, consider this as a holiday gift for them.
- This adorable Musical Farmyard Cube Learning Toy by Melissa & Doug. This plush toy is filled with fun sights, textures, and sounds on all 6 sides to keep the little ones entertained for hours. I love toys by Melissa & Doug; they are well-made, durable and always classics.
- Another great option is this beautifully designed airplane available in red, blue or green by Kid-O. I absolutely love this brand of toys, and in my experience, you really cannot go wrong with anything they make. They are well-designed, clean looking toys that are so well made they last forever. They also make trucks, dinosaurs and horses which are all great options as well.
- This adorable LeapFrog My Pal Violet or LeapFrog My Pal Scout can be personalized using a phone app to learn your child’s name and favorite things. It has several options of songs, lullabies or games that can provide hours of entertainment. A great option for a Christmas gift this year!
$50 and under:
- There’s nothing little ones enjoy as much as pressing buttons and turning knobs. A perfect fit for that curiosity is the Kid O Activity Board Toy by Kid-O. Again, Kid-O’s toys are aesthetically pleasing and very durable; I can’t recommend them enough.
- For a child who loves music and bright lights, consider this Fisher-Price Bright Beats Dance & Move BeatBo toy. Beatbox plays music, dances, records, and introduces ABCs, counting, and colors. It is really adorable to watch kids play with BeatBo and sing and dance along with him. A really hot toy in recent years, and I can see why.
- What child doesn’t love a ball pit? This one comes with a tent house, ball pit, and a tunnel (although you will have to buy balls separately) and can be zipped back up into a handy storage case.
$100 and under:
- This beautifully crafted wooden Manhattan Toy Tree Top Adventure Activity Center makes an excellent gift for those willing to splurge a little bit. The only caveat is that it can tip over, so be sure to supervise play with this one.
- A fun option that will grow with your little one over the years is the Infantino Grow-with-Me Playtime Teepee Gym. A super adorable activity gym that converts from the standard activity gym into a fun-time teepee. I love items that serve more than one function over time, and this definitely fits the bill.
- Another great convertible option that works for children from 9 months up to 5 years is this Radio Flyer 4-in-1 Stroll N’ Trike. I actually do not have one of these myself, but they are highly recommended, and I have been considering it as my daughter is quickly getting over the stroller and seeking more and more independence.
- This Little Tikes Activity Garden Playset includes a wide variety of activities to keep little minds engaged: a shape sorter, a telescope, a take along play panel, a piano, open and close shutters, and a ball drop flower pot. All these options make it a great gift option this holiday season.
- A great customizable gift that comes in a variety of fun options (such as Snoopy, Cinderella and Star Wars) is Pottery Barn Kid’s Anywhere chair. I personally love PBK’s items because they are durable, high-quality, and I know they will last for years. These chairs are lightweight and can be moved from room to room to be enjoyed “anywhere”. I would recommend sizing up to ensure that your child does not grow out of it too quickly.
- If you are looking to splurge with something that will be a little more long-lasting, consider gifting a contribution to their college fund. We all know that higher education is not cheap, and you can never start too early.
Hopefully this guide helped you with at least one idea! Let me know what some of your favorite gifts are this season in a comment below if I missed yours.
4 thoughts on “2017 Holiday Gift Guide: 0-1 year olds”
I was also considering the 4 in 1 Radio Flyer but will probably wait until his 1st bday.
Ahh…well that’s not too far around the corner!
Of course, what a splendid blog and revealing posts, I definitely will bookmark your website.All the Best!