Disclosure: Links below are affiliate links. This means at no additional cost to you, I earn a small commission if you decide to click through and make a purchase.
Keekaroo Peanut Changer Review
Okay, what gives with this Keekaroo Peanut Changer? Who wants to spend $130 (or $129.95) on something that will be peed on and pooped all over? Those of you who read my blog, will know the answer (HINT: it’s me!) and what I thought of this product as I have mentioned it several times in my must-haves. Read on to find out why I love this product so much!
So what exactly is a Keekaroo Peanut Changer? It’s a peanut shaped changing pad made out of a state-of-the-art material coined as Dura-soft, which forms an outer shell that is impenetrable to liquids. Meaning that when your baby has an accident mid-change (and who hasn’t been there), you can quickly wipe it up and move on with your day instead of adding on to your never-ending pile of baby laundry. The manufacturer also states that the outer shell is resistant to bacteria growth and does not deteriorate over time. Despite all of that, the Keekaroo Peanut Changer is soft and squishy to the touch, so it is a super comfortable surface to change your baby on. It is made in the USA and comes with a 5-year warranty and is free of: Latex, PVC, BPA, Phthalate, and Formaldehyde.
I will also mention that the Keekaroo Peanut Changer is slip resistant and comes with a safety strap. Once Parker moved into her crib, I simply placed my Keekaroo on top of the dresser in Parker’s room (as pictured below), and I have never had any difficulties with it moving out of place. When she was little and sleeping in the bassinet in our room, I would simply plop it on top of our bed when we needed to change her and then store it vertically next to our dresser in between changing.
Finally, for those of you that are aesthetically inclined, the Keekaroo Peanut Changer comes in several color options: grey, vanilla, aqua, raspberry.
Here’s a quick rundown of the Pros and Cons.
- Quickly and easily wipe up mid-change messes without having to do laundry! This is the biggest pro by far. Who wants to strip down a changing cover and take it to the laundry downstairs at 3AM? Certainly not this mama!
- No covers/sheets/pads required
- Easily portable from room to room
- Multiple color options
- Durable and long-lasting with a 5 year warranty
- Bacteria and mold resistant
- Expensive, as I stated from the get go, this is definitely more costly than other options at $129.95.
- The only other con I found was that the surface can be a bit cold to the touch. If that concerns you at all, I would recommend laying down a cloth (an old-school cloth diaper works great) as a barrier. That does mean you still have some laundry to do in the case of an accident, but it is still a faster change than removing a changing pad cover.
- I did see some reviews that mentioned the vanilla staining over time. I purchased the raspberry colored version, and I have had no issues with staining (and we have had lots of accidents that had the potential for staining).
I do personally highly recommend the Keekaroo Peanut Changer and have nothing but glowing things to say about it. We have gotten a lot of use out of our first Keekaroo and will continue to use it when we have another baby.
Let me know in the comments below what product you would like for me to review next. I would love to hear from you!